Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I can't help it...UPDATED

 I love my readers.


I am so very fortunate to have the readers that I do.  Not only have they enthusiastically supported this blog, this team, and the sport in general, but they send me goodies!!!!

THRILLS GUM, BLACK BLACK GUM, some bizarre Japanese lemon drop that tastes like bubble gum for three seconds before getting really sour and various fun stuff from ALBERTA.  We love you, Alberta.  You are ridiculously good to us.
This is not the first epic care package we've received from Alberta, who is also the same wonderful goddess who treats all of the boys with care packages of uniquely Canadian treats...she is amazing and we are so lucky to have her as a friend and reader.  THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Art from Argentina....just for MEEEEEEE!!!!
I cheered so loudly in that post office when this showed up in the blog's box this afternoon that scores of people turned and stared.  That right there, my friends, are some sketches and a FOUR PAGE letter from ARGENTINA for moi.   And not just any Argentinian, one of the nicest and most ridiculously talented individuals in Argentina, that I am very very fortunate to call friend, Fabian Fucci

Thank you so much, both of you, for cheering me up this week.  Was not a good one to begin with, but I am so thankful for the friends and readers I have...and for hockey...I love the Tampa Bay Lightning. I know, I know, I'm technically a Montreal Canadiens fan, but the thing is, over the last season, Tampa has grown and grown and grown and grown even more on me to the point where it is beginning to feel like the Canadiens are the family I was born into, and the Lightning the family I'd like to marry into.

The last five minutes of the game?  Even Goliath cheered.  And when it was finally over...I jumped several feet into the air.   I can't help but love the Comeback Kids, they have everything in them that I respect and admire most.  And guess who was even more dazzling than usual? Martin St. Louis, my favourite of all favourite players.   Taking on three Bruins and Tim Thomas?!  Unbelievable.  And, I truly enjoyed seeing that subtle little cue from Vinny in the faceoff before sending it to Teddy Purcell for his magnificent wrist shot.  That was a thing of beauty. 


AND ON TO GAME SEVEN.


1 comment:

  1. Wow, I find this more than a year after sending that letter in! And you post it on May 25th, an Argentinian national holiday? That's too much a coincidence!

    Thanks for your comment 1P, glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete