Monday, May 9, 2011

Dammit Woman!

Just as has been predicted in many circles, the lack of Utah Grizzlies hockey in my life has resulted in a very sad Penny.  I'm sure the boys are quite happy to run around and visit their families, and eat whatever the hell they want whenever the hell they want, to play all sorts of video games, go camping, go fishing, go skiing without coach learning of it, and collapse into the waiting arms of all the girlfriends they've not seen in months.  But for me.  For this hockey-crazed hockey blogger, they are family to me...so right now my life is feeling a bit empty.  I'm sure as soon as it stops RAINING I will go pitch a tent in the woods like I do every summer, and pull my canoe into the nearby lakes, and go fishing and stare at moose and pretend I'm in Canada, but for now...while it RAINS....I am stuck here missing the fact that I haven't been hit in the head with a puck in several weeks.

BUT THANK GOD FOR THE STANLEY CUP.

































So fine.... I did the ultimate girly thing:  I went furniture shopping.  And I do realize, Miss Montreal before you start objecting, that furniture shopping is not nearly as girly as shoe shopping but I required baby steps and it so happens I had some rebate check of about sixty bucks for said furniture store.  I thought I would go and buy another rice cooker since I have a really bad habit of murdering appliances....even though, honestly, I find rice cookers to be completely worthless since you can cook rice in any old pots and I have lots of any old pots.

Anyway...

I'm looking for a rice cooker in the electronics section and guess what I find?

Taken with shitty ipod camera...deal with it.

I think I stood there for a good thirty minutes having some sort of spiritual epiphany that involved NOT BUYING A RICE COOKER and, instead, buying NHL 09....on clearance!!!!

(And, yes, I'm fully aware of the existence of NHL 2011...but do you realize the 09 version is basically a LOVE LETTER to the Montreal Canadiens??!! And it has ALEX freaking TANGUAY when he was still on the Canadiens...and Maxim Lapierre and Koivu?!!   And on my beloved bolts I've got my Martin and Vincent...so YES....I know about 2011...but 2009 is the best.)


*cough* anyway....I come home and....






Plant flowers?

















Okay, so that's basically in Goliath's imagination...but what REALLY happened was this:











And one happy hour later............







Actually, it was an impromptu game of street hockey, but it is, in a sense, gardening...planting the seeds of the love of hockey in all sorts of non-hockey folk.   And, hey, Goliath ended up joining us and bringing out the real hockey sticks and the real street pucks.

I suppose the moral of the story is that you can't change a girl who loves hockey any more than you can change a guy who loves rugby....but we sure as hell will try won't we?

hehehehehe.

6 comments:

  1. I cackled for QUITE a while upon reading this :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. BWAHAHAHAHAHA Oh man...that was hilarious. "Go do something girly" I couldn't stop laughing plus the "What is that" parts were hilarious. Ahhh I love your comic strips Pen, I really really do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW I loved the part with you playing the game ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pahahahha omgoooosh i love these comics so much. <D I couldn't stop laughing through this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was hilarious! I loved the "What is that!?" parts!!!!!

    ReplyDelete