Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chris Donovan Earns a Bio


Chris Donovan has finally emerged to finish the doodle he cheekily pretended to doodle weeks ago and never actually doodled because he "couldn't come up with something" at the time.  At that time, he claimed to be drawing a complex portrait of sexiness (himself), but in reality he was simply taking a long-ass time to sign his own name.  When I discovered his treachery, I withheld his bio raving about his awesomeness on the page "Our Team is Badass" until he agreed to end our little stalemate.

The stalemate has been broken. Behold the sad shamrock representing his Irish heritage that vaguely resembles mary jane:


We also had a very animated little chat about Marcus Carroll. I see these two together all of the time. They warm up on the ice together.  They score goals together. They start fights together.   For example:  Marcus Carroll just had to do this Wednesday night:


Which, of course, meant Chris Donovan had to do this seconds later:

Which then resulted in this familiar sight:


Which prompted me to ask the facetious question..."Are you guys roommates or buddies?"

To which Chris replied (being equally facetious): "No. I can't stand the guy."

He's joking. Of course.

The rest of the conversation went something like this:

Me: Who's funnier?

Chris: Between me and Marcus? *gives me a betrayed look*  Me. Obviously.  Talking to Marcus is like talking to a brick wall.  (He's kidding.  I think.)

Me: Who's sexier?

Chris: Is this still between me and Marcus?

Me: Yes.

Chris:  *even more betrayed look*  Me. Obviously. Have you seen Marcus?!

Me: Who is more annoying?

Chris:  *thinks about this*  Between me and Marcus?

Me:  *stares*

Chris: It would have to be Marcus.  Nobody likes him.

Me:  *shocked expression*

Chris: Not on our team.  I mean the other teams. They hate him.

Me:  Well, he's an agitator.

Chris: Exactly.  He's annoying.  Not to me, but when it comes to them...Marcus is definitely more annoying.

Me: And who is the better cook?

Chris: That's Marcus.  He has a crock-pot and he is always cooking something in it. Has all his little crock pot recipes.

Me: Does he cook on the road?

Chris: No way. We always eat-out on the road. We don't trust hotel food.

Me: What do you do on your days off?

Chris: *zero hesitation*  SLEEP.  Recover. But, that's basically SLEEP.

And now I must get to work on Donovan's bio of awesomeness.  Thanks so much, Chris, for taking the time to draw on the doodle jersey and talking afterward.  The questionable little shamrock is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. *Snnort* Adorable. Absolutely adorable I'd say that DID earn him his own bio.

    ReplyDelete