Monday, September 12, 2011

Big Changes are Coming.

The Youareahockeyfan blog is growing exponentially and to accommodate all of the new features Goliath and I have planned for the upcoming season, the blog, as you now know it, is going to have to change.  At this moment, I have a revamped site being constructed that will mean the end of a lot of things.  All of the comments on past posts and pages will be gone (feel free to repost them at your leisure if you want once the new site is up)...though we've considered leaving the original blog intact for a while, all of my stats will be gone,...all of those pageviews gone...back to zero!  And I've no idea what this will mean for our exposure for a while, so it may be harder to find us on the web until pageviews build up again, BUT

*purists....breathe now...breathe*

BUT....I really believe this is going to benefit everyone tied to the blog: myself, Goliath, the players and the readers.  We'll no longer be confined to the blog itself, which means more media options, more networking options, and even a store where players, their family, friends, and fans will be able to  purchase photographs from the games.    Commenting will be easier.  Contacting us will be easier. Goliath will have his own blog now (Saints preserve us!). Game recaps will now have a better option for photographs and video, which I feel is going to make the entire youareahockeyfan experience better in the long run. 

This change has meant that we've had to incorporate and incorporating isn't my idea of a cup of tea, but, I promise you...players and readers alike, it'll still be the same old us, photographing the game, hanging out in the lobby, tossing snacks and cornering players for five second interviews.    Goliath will still regularly amuse me, and I'll still regularly puzzle him.  And our obsession with churros has not and will not subside. 

Thank you so much, guys, for all of the support.  I can't believe how far it's come.  See you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment