Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Millions of Pieces of Happy

As Goliath and I were on our way home from the county rink this evening,  I found myself becoming increasingly anxious over the complete and utter absence of news about the make up of our team for the upcoming season since the initial eight qualifying offers were announced.   I'd already learned of all those who are leaving us so far, and those who may be leaving us and noticed certain interest being piqued on the subject of a certain captain by a certain country known for its terrible food and near constant rain which had already run off with Brock Wilson and Shea Guthrie.

I, of course, had a panic attack upon learning of this.



I get it.  I do.  But that doesn't mean I like it. 

So as we were returning home, I couldn't help but complain to my dear long suffering Goliath my frustration....after all...here are more and more teams announcing their contracts, and my Grizzlies had remained, painfully, maddeningly SILENT.


or...in translation...PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD...I was saying to Goliath...give us some good news.


Eventually, however, Goliath took pity on me.


AND WOULDN'T YOU JUST KNOW IT.....






 THANK YOU MR. COACH and OTHER APPROPRIATE HOCKEY GODS. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

3 comments:

  1. BWAHAHAHAHAHA I love Goliath's smile when you "die" Ahhh that had me cracking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TEEEEEEEEE HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (this doesn't make up for Giff AND Brock, but it DOES lessen it XD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyy...."Old Country" isnt that bad ;)

    Love your illustations as always... a new book idea ;) "You are a hockeyfan - you just dont know it yet" ;)

    ReplyDelete