Saturday, April 16, 2011

Well (updated)

Today they got me.  Or rather. They got the camera lens.  In one of those freak accidents, a puck came flying through the hole in the glass and hit the camera dead on.  Even though I was already having a pretty bad week and this pretty much capped my pretty bad week I held myself together until we got to the car.

Then I cried.

And it isn't just the lens.  The lens breaking just sort of broke me too. I'm not paid for this,  if I was this probably would be more of an inconvenience than an untimely disaster.  But, hey, at least I didn't get scope eye. 

UPDATE:  So last night I was sobbing because despite my insistence that I had insurance on the lens, they kept telling us that we had not insured it.  I kept saying "I would never ever not ever ever NOT get insurance (double negative, I know, shush) on a camera lens. I insure everything."  So I was stunned.  My lens was busted and I had no way to replace it; neither insurance nor cash.  But Goliath kept repeating that the guy was just being a lazy bum who didn't really want to help. So we decided to try again and keep trying until we got results. It's just not like me to turn down insurance on a camera lens when I shoot SPORTS for crying out loud.   

Well, guess what.  I've insurance.  But now I have to beg and plead and insist and beg some more to get the lens replaced immediately rather than have them hem and haw about how they have to look into the potential for repair.  I mean....it was hit with a hockey puck in the unlikeliest fashion with enough force to disintegrate the contacts.  DISINTEGRATE the CONTACTS.   You can't repair what was completely disintegrated.  

Wish me luck and, hopefully, hopefully or I will cry some more....I will have pictures.

3 comments:

  1. I'm here Penny!!! I know I'm not the most active little watcher (ok I am kinda a fail of a watcher) but I still luff you & the blog muchly.

    Sorry about your lens :C

    much love from a rather unsunny SA

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw!!!!!!! Poor pennypen! *I* appreciate it! Knowing nothing about cameras, that does that mean the whole camera needs replacing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. fingers crossed! AND MUCH LUCK WISHED.

    ReplyDelete